Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Make Your Next Presentation a Winner

The Book of Lists reports the Top Ten Human Fears as:
 

  1. Speaking before a Group
  2. Heights
  3. Insects and bugs
  4. Financial problems
  5. Deep water
  6. Sickness
  7. Death
  8. Flying
  9. Loneliness
  10. Dogs
Well, I think we all can agree public speaking is no one's favorite, yet some people do it much better than others. Why? I had an old boss who drilled the "5 P's" into my head:
1. Proper
2. Planning
3. Prevents
4. Poor
5. Performance

My trick is have as much information as you can gather and then edit on the fly while you read your audience. If you are the first and only presenter, i may go a little long and throw a quick story to help prove my point, but if I am the last speaker of a two hour meeting, I keep it short and sweet and try to finish with a punchline. Trust me when I tell you, your audience will appreciate it

Here is another blog post I came across which inspired mine:

Tips on Public Speaking by Josh Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment